I suggest you ...

The mac app is crashing

As soon as I try to open the Mac app it crashes and a new window appear with the details of the error (it's been like 2 weeks like that)
Please fix it! this is an amazing app!

52 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Sandra García shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Joey Belville commented  · 

Same issue here. Just started yesterday. Running El Capitan 10.11.6 Help!

• Admin8tracks for Mac Development Team (Staff, 8tracks for Mac) commented  · 

Thank you for your interest in 8tracks for Mac.

As you might know, 8tracks.com recently announced a new set of listening limitations.
        For more details please see: https://blog.8tracks.com/ and https://blog.8tracks.com/2016/10/28/a-shift-for-8tracks-in-the-us/ .

These limitations are in fact changes / restrictions to the way in which data is received from the 8tracks.com back end.
        These recent changes could lead to situations where the 8tracks for Mac app would not function correctly, and in few particular cases it could even stop working and need a restart.

We are currently working on an update for 8tracks for Mac that will adapt the app to the new limitations.

We will keep you posted.

Thanks.

• Anonymous commented  · 

App crashes consistently on MacOS 10.12.2 Sierra. I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Problem persists.

• Mike commented  · 

Mine is doing this now too. What gives?

• Jessica commented  · 

Mine just started doing this yesterday and I cannot get it to work now.

• user commented  · 

Was working fine until I upgraded to version 2.4.2 last week. Now it is completely unusable.

• Anonymous commented  · 

worked well for 1 month.
        But today is crashed and now it immediately crashed whenever it launches.
        Pls help

have sent the log file to your email feedback@8tracksformac.com

• Admin8tracks for Mac Development Team (Staff, 8tracks for Mac) commented  · 

Hi ryanmcfitz,

Thank you for your feedback and for you interest in 8tracks Radio for Mac.

Can tell us your operating system and the version of the app you are using?
        We are looking into your problem.

Thank you,

The 8tracks Radio for Mac Development Team.

• ryanmcfitz commented  · 

I was listening without any problems, then it crashed. Now I'm experiencing what other posters have observed -- the app crashes to desktop immediately on attempting to re-launch.

I'm restarted my computer. No luck. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app. No luck. In fact, now that I've reinstalled, when I try to relaunch, it prompts me to enter my login information but I cannot enter any text in the login fields! Having paid for the pro version, this isn't terribly pro.

I'm discouraged to see that the last Admin response was 11 Nov 15 for a problem that's been reported for over six months. Is a fix forthcoming?

• Peder commented  · 

Yep! app doesn't seem to be playing. No crashing more freezing when I click on a playlist and want to play it.

• Antonio commented  · 

I just bought the Pro version, but everything freezes when I try to do anything. It doesn't crash but in the end it's the same result. I have a MacBook Pro.

• Corbin commented  · 

Just started crashing for me as well

• Peter commented  · 

Crashes everytime I open the app. Never used to do this. Tried deleting and reinstalling. Please resolve or suggest fix.

• Anonymous commented  · 

It still happen with my macbook pro. After purchased I can't open it. Its cruses .

Feedback and Knowledge Base